In Today’s PICNIC episode, we will welcome Eric Turnquist, Ipswitch’s Senior Director of Information Technology.
Eric is a 20-year veteran of IT, with a passion for IT transformation. He joined Ipswitch in June of 2015, where he has focused on building the IT team to align with the changing current and future needs of Ipswitch. Eric’s technical experience is focused mostly on virtualization, storage and mail systems within a wide range of industries and company sizes.
At the occasion of today’s episode, we will listen to Eric’s extended experience and best practices/advices to learn about:
- How much of his time is spent on maintaining existing apps vs new projects?
- What kinds of things he is attending to in that time?
- When talking about enterprise applications, why is/are a solid understanding of the desired business outcome as well as end-user use cases needed?
- What about the need for collaboration?
- Examples of something that went really well because there was solid collaboration?
- Example of something that didn’t go so well because of a lack of collaboration?
- When working on a roll-out – what is the biggest fear?
- How to prevent that from happening?
- Any lessons learned to share with peers?