In Today’s PICNIC episode, we will welcome Scoot Foote, Cybersecurity Expert.
Scott is a senior high-tech executive with more than 30 years of experience in cybersecurity and the broader software industry; serving both the public and private sectors. His primary area of expertise has been information security since the late 1980s; however, Scott’s technical experience ranges from operating system kernel technologies, to the gamut of filesystem / database and info storage, to network engineering, to packaged commercial applications such as SCADA, B2B and CRM solutions. His management experience spans the product lifecycle, with a specific focus on complex systems engineering and solution roadmap planning – including operational prototyping, rapid-growth product evolution, market adaptation, derivative product strategy, and next generation rollout and migration. Since 1995, he has helped to launch or successfully re-invent over a dozen small businesses. Scott is a frequent guest speaker at industry events, sits on a number of advisory boards and has been a member of the board of directors for enswers, Inc., Axixa Corporation, Realocity, Inc., Protinuum, LLC, and the Boston Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
During today’s episode, we want to spend a bit of time studying and answering a few points:
- How did we get here? To the point where the majority of the commercial infrastructure we rely on today cannot be trusted?
- Who are these Threat Actors? How can they continue to prosper and grow in light of so much visibility now on things like massive data breaches?
- Why is it so hard for Cyber Defenses to keep up with the threat?
- What major trends do you see unfolding between now and 2020? Both the evolution of the Threat, and the evolution of Cyber Defenses?
- What advice do you have for our audience as they watch this global storm-front building on the horizon?