In Today’s PICNIC episode, we will welcome Bojan Simic, Founder at Digital Enterprise Journal.
Bojan Simic is Founder of Digital Enterprise Journal, a media and research firm focused on digital transformation and the business value of technology deployments. Bojan has been an analyst and entrepreneur in the enterprise technology industry for more than 10 years.
As an industry analyst, Bojan has interviewed tens of thousands of IT and business professionals from end-user organizations and has published more than 100 research reports. Bojan is frequently quoted in leading industry publications and he has presented his research findings at hundreds of market-facing events.
Prior to launching Digital Enterprise Journal, Bojan was President and Principal Analyst at TRAC Research, a market research and analyst firm specializing in IT performance management.
Simic holds a B.A. in Economics from Belgrade University in Belgrade, Serbia and an M.B.A. from McCallum Graduate School of Business at Bentley University.
At the occasion of today’s episode, we will talk about IT Operations Attributes and answer questions such as:
- What is the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning?
- What are the key drivers for organizations for modernizing IT operations?
- What are some of the key changes that you have been seeing in this market over last few years?
- What is the business impact of modernizing IT operations?
- What types of technology capabilities are critical for modern IT operations?
- Does digital transformation change the role that IT operations play in the enterprise?
- Can modern IT operations make the IT more strategic and how?
In Today’s PICNIC episode, we will welcome Mike Paquette Director of Product, Security Market at Elastic.
Mike joined Elastic in 2016 from Prelert, where he'd been VP of Products for Prelert's machine learning technology. Mike's focus at Elastic is to help users and customers succeed with security-related applications of the Elastic Stack. Mike has over 30 years of technology product development experience, including leadership roles with several startups. He has worked in development of SIEM solutions, and spent 14 years developing and bringing to market network IPS and DDoS Defense solutions at Top Layer Security, where he also led development of network monitoring solutions.
Mike has written white papers on IPS and published security-related articles in Health Management Technology Magazine, ISSA Journal, Dark Reading, HowToLearn.com, and other industry publications. He has a BSEE from Boston University and is co-author of a patent on DDoS protection.
At the occasion of today’s episode, we will talk about Security Analytics and their application with machine learning. It is the right time to ask ourselves:
- What’s the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning?
- Are there multiple types of machine learning?
- Is Artificial Intelligence going to reduce the number of people needed in security analyst jobs?
- Can machine learning be used to detect threats?
- Can machine learning be used to identify malicious software?
- What’s the story behind ramsonware?
In Today’s PICNIC episode, we will welcome Greg Mooney, Ipswitch Evangelist.
Greg joined Ipswitch 2 years ago as a technologist and data geek with over 10 years of background in tech industry. He has worked in a variety of industries as an IT manager and software tester. Greg is an avid writer on everything IT related, from cyber security to troubleshooting. He hosts two podcasts, Defrag This and The Data Transfer Show.
Today’s episode will be the occasion for Greg to discuss with our host about recent IT news and trends. Make sure to listen to the live podcast and give us a phone call if you have any thought or comment about the on-going discussion.
In Today’s PICNIC episode, we will welcome George General, Ipswitch’s Senior System Engineer.
George has been working for Ipswitch for 5 years. His role on the team is to specialize in network connectivity for the LAN/WAN, network security, and network monitoring. Prior to that George was in the Army for 12 years specializing in Network Operations (NETOPS) as a Chief Warrant Officer. This consisted of routing, switching, COMSEC, satellites, network security, and spectrum management.
At the occasion of today’s episode, we will better understand what a helpdesk team-member typical day looks like as well as learn from George’s best and weirdest IT help requests, not to say stories!
In Today’s PICNIC episode, we will welcome Eric Turnquist, Ipswitch’s Senior Director of Information Technology.
Eric is a 20-year veteran of IT, with a passion for IT transformation. He joined Ipswitch in June of 2015, where he has focused on building the IT team to align with the changing current and future needs of Ipswitch. Eric’s technical experience is focused mostly on virtualization, storage and mail systems within a wide range of industries and company sizes.
At the occasion of today’s episode, we will listen to Eric’s extended experience and best practices/advices to learn about:
- How much of his time is spent on maintaining existing apps vs new projects?
- What kinds of things he is attending to in that time?
- When talking about enterprise applications, why is/are a solid understanding of the desired business outcome as well as end-user use cases needed?
- What about the need for collaboration?
- Examples of something that went really well because there was solid collaboration?
- Example of something that didn’t go so well because of a lack of collaboration?
- When working on a roll-out – what is the biggest fear?
- How to prevent that from happening?
- Any lessons learned to share with peers?
Welcome to the P.I.C.N.I.C. Podcast show by Ipswitch. We are excited to launch this week. We are taking the opportunity this first show to tell you the topics and types of guests scheduled over the next several weeks. This is a weekly show and we are so glad you joined us.
Subscribe at the left so you don't miss an episode! We'll be setting up our iTunes channel soon, after we get a few episodes under our belts.
Today you'll be meeting our hosts, Jeanne Hopkins and Kevin Conklin. You can read more about them on our hosts page. Funnel Radio producer, Paul Roberts, will be interviewing Jeanne live with another segment featuring Kevin.
Some of what we'll be covering is:
- Who are we?
- What is PICNIC-podcast?
- Why did we create/launch PICNIC-podcast?
- Who is PICNIC-podcast dedicated to?
- What will they learn?
- What kind of topic will we address?
- When is PICNIC-podcast?