In this week's PICNIC episode, we welcome Kevin Lancaster, CEO, ID Agent. Kevin has served as Chief Executive Officer of ID Agent since its founding in 2015. Kevin also serves as CEO of the Winvale Group, a leading provider of advisory, research and strategic consulting services to government contractors across various industries and disciplines, since co-founding the company in 2003. In early 2017, he founded GovernmentContract.com, which provides education and training for businesses to successfully sell to the federal government. Kevin is an Executive Committee and Board of Directors member of the Maryland Tech Council and serves on the board of directors for the Navy Youth Hockey Association.
Kevin and his companies have earned several industry awards and accolades, including twice winning SmartCEO’s Future 50 Award and four times appearing on the Inc. 5000, the annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in America. He has been interviewed by the Washington Post, Government Executive, MSPmentor, CBS and many other news outlets. Kevin frequently speaks to domestic and international audiences on privacy, identity monitoring, cyber security and the Dark Web, government contracting strategy and relations, and technology trends impacting the private and public sectors.
In today’s episode, we spend a bit of time studying and answering a few points:
- What is the dark web and why should I care?
- Why do personal identity breaches matter to businesses? (i.e. Is a company is at risk when its employees suffer personal identity theft? YES!)
- What part does dark web monitoring play in a business continuity plan?
- Cyber Monday starts the seasonal spike for digital identity theft. What are the top 3 things businesses should be doing to protect themselves?
- What’s the Dark Web really, and why should businesses worry about it?
- Why do personal identity breaches matter to businesses? (i.e. Is a company is at risk when its employees suffer personal identity theft?)
- What part does DW monitoring play in a business continuity plan?
- Cyber Monday starts the seasonal spike for digital identity theft. What are the Top 3 things individuals should be doing to protect themselves?
- What are Top 3 recommendations for businesses to do
- If I change my passwords, isn’t that enough?